Blogs take work. What would be the point of creating great content if no one is going to read it? Josh King explains the key points to help you kick start your content distribution journey, so you will attract more readers to your site.
- Quality is King
- Define your blog goals, and know what you want from creating a blog
- Consider the free and paid options for your blog
Blog content distribution
Whether you’re a new blogger, you’re thinking about blogging or you’ve been blogging for a while; you’re all sharing a very common trait. Every blogger has this trait. You always want more readers.
Strategies for distributing your content
You need more than simply writing content and hoping that people visit your blog. Before we get into specific tactics, we will go through some rules.
- Quality is King: Produce content that is relevant, innovative, thoughtful and unique. If you are going to produce recycled crap, or ghost written articles. I would advise you to just have a website. A blog is about quality and engagement.
- Goals: what’s the goal of distributing your content? Obviously more readers, but what kind of readers? The primary people you want to reach are going to be referral sources. Blogs are an excellent way of establishing your reputation, extending your reach and finding more referral sources.
- Free options: There’s plenty of places that you can distribute your content for free. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and there are other places to do it as well. You can also do it by commenting on the blogs of other writers. This is an excellent way to further enhance the engagement that you get from blogging. By commenting on their blogs you are going to drive their interest and eyeballs back to your own blog. Also, a key tip is headline writers art. Create a title that catches the interest of potential readers and piques their curiosity. They will want to look if they see something eye catching.
- Paid Options: This isn’t for everyone. But if you are really trying to experiment with this, and really trying to reach a broader universe, and believe that your content is useful and interesting and would benefit people, you might want to explore services like PPC. This promotes your posts across the web, by advertising on different websites. This can range from other blogs, to massive media properties like USA Today.
Subscribe and get updates
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox