The Intercom Educate module lets you create a library of interlinked articles that answer questions. It reduces support time and gives you an opportunity to grow traffic. See the Upscope help section as an example of the Intercom Educate module in action.
There are three different ways Intercom Educate is useful
- Customers can search through articles and find answers themselves.
- Live chat agents can insert articles into conversations to answer questions.
- It’s SEO friendly and helps bring new users to the site.
In the past, most live chat companies simply had ‘pre-saved’ answers which involved chatting to someone and adding the ready to go paragraph into the conversation. However, this is very limited when it comes to educating the user. With Intercom Educate you can show them a short article that is part of an entire knowledge base which educates the user over time.
Why does Intercom Educate have such an impact?
Intercom Educate is a knowledge base that is open to both agents and users. The statistics behind ordering and managing information make a lot of sense once you’ve used that module extensively:
- Contact center agents spend 16% of their time seeking relevant content
- Knowledge management users achieve 77% greater annual improvement in agent productivity (11.0% vs. 6.2%) and 2.6 times greater annual increase in first contact resolution rates (6.2% vs. 2.4%), compared to non-users.
- Most savings result primarily from increasing agent productivity, which means that companies require fewer agents to handle the same level of customer requests. This increases agent utilization rates and decreases labor costs. Since knowledge management users also improve first contact resolution rates, they decrease unnecessary telephone and other communications costs related to handling repeat customer contacts caused when customer needs aren’t addressed at the first point of contact. Collectively, these enable knowledge management users to decrease cost per customer contact by 1.2% YOY, versus non-users observing 2.1% worsening (increase in costs).
This is what the Intercom Educate section of Upscope looks like to a customer
This is a real example of inserting articles into a chat using Intercom
Where does Intercom Educate save the Upscope team time?
Upscope integrates with live chat by showing you the user’s screen in one click while having a conversation. Even with a simple integration we get questions from new users like:
- Why can’t I see my screenshare link? This most often means they need to refresh the page but we send them our troubleshooting link in case it’s not just a refresh, they may not have added our set up code.
- How is this different to GoToAssist or [insert screen sharing tool here]? Well, it’s co-browsing so it’s not old school screen sharing, there’s none of that installs nonsense. We just insert an article that explains the difference between screen sharing and co-browsing i.e. this one.
Can you imagine having to type that out each day? No thanks. Never again!
First contact resolution and the overall speed difference is incredible. No more typing the same thing again and again, you can instead send them to a well written and linked help section article and they’ll happily educate themselves.
This is a perfect example of how we evolved in using the Intercom Educate module.
Intercom Educate is also SEO friendly
When you write answers to questions in a way that has meaning to users and agents who are searching for those answers, this also is great for SEO as user’s sometimes google for those same terms.
Intercom Educate can and does bring Upscope more traffic but we’re currently going further with it. To see what else we’re doing to improve our SEO rankings within both our blog and our Intercom Educate module, click here.